ISA Product Show Frequently-Asked-Questions
- How many people are attending the Product Show & Conference this year?
- What are the benefits of participating?
- Who attends the event?
- Do I need to be a member of ISA to attend?
- Where can I learn more about the speakers and the educational programs?
- What is the layout of the booth?
- How do I set up my booth?
- I'm a Manufacturer and I only have a small amount of product to showcase but I now have a 10x20 space to fill, what can I do?
- Do I need a FASTMATCH™ appointment to stop by someone's booth?
- I've already registered for a booth, but I want to add more delegates. How do I go back into the electronic registration and add delegates?
- Does the booth cost include attendee badges?
- I'm having difficulties with FASTMATCH™, who should I talk to?
- I am a manufacturer but do not want a booth. Can I still attend?
How many people are attending the Product Show & Conference this year?
We expect about 2,000 attendees for 2013. You'll find an updated listing of all attendees posted on the Web site in the weeks prior to the Product Show.
What are the benefits of participating?
The 2012 ISA Product Show & Conference represents a once-a-year opportunity for education, networking, and business meetings with your colleagues in the MROP channel. This is the place to:
Connect with Industry Partners - Meet with trading partners and make new contacts; many industry stakeholders will be represented!
Build Your Network - The event features pre-scheduled meetings and informal networking opportunities.
Expand Your Knowledge - The expanded Conference education program was designed to give attendees first-hand knowledge about increasing sales, decreasing costs and improving your bottom line. New opportunities in sales management and leadership are among the highlighted topics. If you want to buy, sell, grow, learn, discover, connect, network, troubleshoot, recruit, market, introduce, meet, and do whatever it takes to help your business thrive in the new connected world, reduce costs and increase efficiencies and profits - this is the place to be in June 2013.
Take home an iPad Mini! – ISA will provide five giveaways to several lucky attendees through its Booth Bonanza Giveaway. The giveaway takes place at the end of the Product Show.
Who attends the event?
The show is open to suppliers, distributors, service providers and independent manufacturers' reps serving the MROP industry. We're also welcoming participants from the Jan/San, Welding and Safety supply channel to the event. Company leadership, sales personnel and operations managers can all benefit by attending.
Where can I learn more about the speakers and the educational programs?
Information on speakers and presenters is all available here.
What is the layout of the booth?
The majority of our booths are 10'x20' though we have substantially increased the number of 10' x 10' booths available and added some new premium booths for 2013. Each booth will have a 3' pipe & drape on the side(s) of their booths (8' pipe and drape on the back). On the side of the booth that has a neighboring Exhibitor, Exhibitors may have a structure that comes out 5' from the back wall, however, the balance of that wall may not block the sight line of the booth next to them. If an exhibitor is on a corner they may remove the pipe and drape to open up their exhibit space.
How do I set up my booth?
There are many ways you can set your booth up and are only limited to the space the booth occupies. The booth includes a 6' table, four chairs, a trash can, carpet and ID sign. Ideally, you want people to come in to your booth, so setting it up more like a "foyer" of a house and lining the back of the booth with product display is best. You don't want to create any kind of barrier preventing attendees from coming inside your booth.
I'm a Manufacturer and I only have a small amount of product to showcase but I now have a 10x20 space to fill, what can I do?
If you do not have enough products or feel your products will not take up enough space, it is best to get creative.
- Make your booth open and inviting. Do not place your table at the front of the booth. Place it along the back drape which will make it more inviting. Place your chairs around the perimeter of the booth to make a small conversation area.
- Hang a company banner from the back drape.
- Use a laptop with video, people will stop to watch a video with short commercials or teasers
- Provide samples of product reviews; promotional literature; xample pages; sample product; giveaway bowl to collect business cards
- Easy-to-read signs with catch phrases. Even on plain poster board, people will stop to read it, giving you time to have a conversation. Display pictures of your product on corrugated foam board on an easel. Have a sign announcing a "show special" on some item which is offered at a significant discount. Have "New Item" signs on new products or "Best Seller" signs.Use a clear message! The less words the better. Don't make them figure out what you are selling.
- Do your homework. Send out letters beforehand to attendees and call them. Build relationships before you walk in the door. Be sure to use FASTMATCH™ and invite those current and new trading partners to stop by your booth.
I've already registered for a booth, but I want to add more delegates. How do I go back into the electronic registration and add delegates?
Fill out the registration form just as you did previously, however, select the "company will not exhibit" option and then add delegates as required.
Does the booth cost include attendee badges?
No, you must register for the booth space and each delegate. For example, if you are an ISA Member manufacturer, you would pay $1,750 for your booth, plus $449 for each delegate registration.
I'm having difficulties with FASTMATCH™, who should I talk to?
If you don't find the answer to your question in the FASTMATCH™ FAQs, please contact Joe Casey at firstname.lastname@example.org. Both can also be reached by phone at (215) 320-3860.
I am a manufacturer but do not want a booth. Can I still attend?
Yes, non-exhibiting manufacturers are welcome to attend. However, non-exhibiting manufacturers will be charged $1,750 for the first delegate; additional delegates of a non-exhibiting manufacturer will be charged the appropriate member/non-member rate.